The MICE industry’s most prestigious and longest-standing technology award is open for entry and if your business supplies tech in any form to the events industry, you can begin your entry now. Judges at the 2018 IBTM World Tech Watch Award are looking for the very best new and up-and-coming technology that has an application within the MICE industry and the publicity and recognition you receive could propel your business into the highest stratosphere of success.
Entries are open until 7 September. Here are the top 5 reasons to enter the awards:
1. Publicity and brand awareness – Winning this prestigious industry tech award is a fantastic accolade that could see your brand position and awareness skyrocket within a very well-defined target market. Receiving the recognition of the high-profile judges and an industry leader like IBTM is a great platform for finalists to increase demand for their products and services throughout the global industry. Of course, if you’re new to the MICE industry, this is invaluable and could be the launch pad your product or service needs.
2. An opportunity to attract new business – The publicity you gain from winning or being shortlisted could generate interest from international investors. Here’s what Robert Caldwell, founding partner of last year’s winner of Sciensio Ltd. had to say about the effect of winning on his business: “We were humbled to have won the 2017 IBTM Tech Watch Award. Aside from getting great coverage during the event, we found clients globally reaching out to us specifically because we had participated and won.”
3. Recognition for your product/service – Entering such a long-standing industry award is an opportunity to prove your tech’s value and credibility to the MICE industry. Finalists will be given the opportunity to exhibit at IBTM World. This gives them a platform to showcase their product to a highly engaged global audience of over 15,000 high profile global MICE industry buyers, investors, influencers and media with proven budget to spend and business to place
Shane Hannam, Portfolio Director, IBTM, commented: “Entering the awards is a great chance for organisations to capitalise on the fact that our attendees have a huge appetite to discover and experience the latest exciting technologies that could really make a difference to their business. Past finalists and winners have told us that being part of our on-site technology showcase has been of tangible benefit to growing their business.”
4. Motivation for your team and company – The process of preparing your entry should involve your whole team, it’s an opportunity to galvanise and motivate – to rally them around and help them fully understand the possibilities of your product or service. Entering is an opportunity to get your team thinking creatively about the best ways to present what you do to the world. Working together you’ll uncover new strengths, identify new applications, build stronger relationships and together you’ll feel excited about the potential of your business. Yes, winning is an amazing end to a fantastic journey for your business, but the self-discovery that takes place on the way for everyone that enters can be every bit as rewarding.
5. Benchmark against your peers and separate yourself from the competition – Winning, being shortlisted, nominating yourself is fantastic endorsement for your business. Entering the Tech Watch Award is an opportunity to get your product in front of a panel of judges with real influence in the industry – people who could become very useful advocates for you and your product in the future.
It’s time to get started. Begin your Tech Award Watch entry here
The winner will be announced during IBTM World, which takes place from 27 – 29 November in Barcelona.